Are you a non-European citizen and would like to stay in Spain for longer than 90 days within a 180-day period? A popular temporary residency visa is the Non-Lucrative Visa. On this visa, you are unable to engage in any work or professional activity within Spain, and you must have the ability to prove sufficient funds to cover your living expenses and, where appropriate, those of your family members, for the duration of your stay.
In the first instance, this visa allows you to stay in Spain for up to one year from the moment you enter the country. After that, you have the option to renew the permit up to two times in succession, each for a duration of two years, until a five year period has been reached. At this point, if you would like to stay even longer, you can apply for permanent residence.
With the small list of requirements needed to obtain this Non-Lucrative Visa, it is a relatively easy visa to apply for. The key requirements are:
- Sufficient financial means
- Public or private health insurance with full coverage in Spain (minimum contract one year).
- Medical certificate with three months validity
- Valid passport or travel document
- Certificate of criminal record in all countries you have lived in within last five years
- Marriage / birth certificates (if applying for family members)
How Can We Help You?
To help you on your way to getting your Non-Lucrative Visa, our team of English speaking lawyers who are fully bilingual can provide the following services:
- Sworn translations of all necessary documents provided by our partner business in-house official translator, Dalila Segador, registered with the Spanish Consulate
- Legalisation of all necessary documents needed for application
- Step by step guidance throughout the process
- Confirmation of documents required to apply for the visa
- Advice on how to obtain the documents
- Review of all the documents prior to your application
- Advice on how to arrange the appointment at the Spanish Consulate
- Completion of the official Spanish Consulate applications forms on your behalf to apply for your visa
- Assistance with the preparation of the actual appointment at the Spanish Consulate
- Provision of a checklist of documents for the appointment at the Spanish Consulate and how to present the documents
- Booking appointment at the Town Hall for the TIE (foreigners ID card) appointment in Spain
- Completion of the official forms for the TIE appointment and instructions
To find out how to apply for a visa and how we can help you, please contact us on (+34) 951 55 22 54 or fill in our online enquiry form and a member of our Team will be in touch.
T: (+34) 951 55 22 54
Make an Enquiry
We're here to help and answer any questions you might have. Please fill out our form, and we'll get in touch shortly.